Politics Presidency Speaks on Attacks By Fulani Herdsmen,Grazing Bill

A

abujagirl

The Presidency has finally commented on the incessant attacks by Fulani herdmen.

Muhammadu Buhari,.jpg

Femi Adesina, Special adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on media and publicity during an interview session with RADIO CONTINENTAL said, President Buhari had addressed the issue before.

"Maybe you didn’t hear the President when he spoke. When the Agatu crisis happened, he decried it and said he was going to ask for security briefing on it and something will be done. And when we were in Qatar, Aljazeera did an interview with the President, and the matter came up and the President spoke on it. He said this herdsmen and farmers clash is as old as time and it is endemic in the country. He said that something would be done about it.

''The Federal government, the state governments and even the local governments will consult, and that was how this ranches idea came out. What I see in Nigeria is that at times people want a talkative President that is speaking every day and he will speak to a point that people are even tired of hearing him. The Presidency is the last point in any country but in Nigeria, they want to make it the first point of comment. No, it should not be like that. I remember that when the Mile 12 crisis happened in Lagos, the crisis had been curtailed, Governor Ambode had done more than what was necessary, he had even made a broadcast. And somebody called me, asking why the President has not spoken on Mile 12 crisis. Are we not in a federation again? Why should the President speak on Mile 12 crisis where there is a Governor in the state and he had handled the issue satisfactorily?"he said

On the grazing bill he said, ''There is nothing called the grazing bill. It is a figment of imagination of some people .Some people are just there to cause mischief in this country. What has happened is that the government has agreed to have what is called ranches for cattle rearers. When you set up ranches in different states, cattle rearers don’t have to drive their cattle round in the wild again and in the process getting into the farms of some people and destroying their crops. When you set up ranches, it then becomes illegal for anybody to drive his cattle openly. That is the way forward.

This is good that Mr president have said something on this Fulanis, The building of cattle ranges across the country will only resolve the damages done to Farmers crops, but cannot stop the rape and Kidnapping crimes committed by the Fulanis. I ask my self the following question with respect to Fed Govt reaction to this issues?

1. I wonder how much will be used to build this range across Nigeria and the time line for this project.
2. which and whose Land will be used for this.
3. the Fulanis were also implicated of rape cases and kidnapping especially in their host communities, how will these crime be addressed, to ensure that no rape cases and kidnapping.

the following are my candid suggestion to this issue
1. Every range should be Licensed with a License number , this number should be made available to the Nigerian police and the traditional ruler of the community.
2. there shall be a functional police post close to every range, which primary aim is to protect the Fulani and the community.
3. details of the real merchant of the cattle captured during the issuing of License , such that if any crime is committed by the Herdsmen, it should be traceable to the cattle merchant.
4. all cattle herdsmen MUST sign a security undertaken which shall be legally structured.

there are many more additions to the above.
I can help to develop a detailed and functional data base for the herdsmen and structure them properly

I don't understand who the president is deeply sympathizing with. With thone who lost their lives or the people who lost their loved ones. Where is composure and sincerity.?

Back