Metro READ Emir Sanusi's Full Speech on Zaria Massacre

A

abujagirl

District Heads and Scholars, today we are gathered to pray to Allah for peace and avoidance of crisis, due to the current happenings in Zaria between the Shiites and the government. The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said “the religion is sincerity”. They asked to whom? He said “to Allah, His book, His Messenger, and to the leaders of the Muslims and their common folk”. [1]

Emir Sanusi.jpg

So, we have an obligation to advice our leaders. We also have an obligation to advice our followers. I will start with the followers.

This happening, whoever has observed events dating back to 20, 30 years ago knows that things will be like this someday. There is no group, either religious or not, that can be a law unto itself within a country. When they plan an occasion and come out, when their leader uses the road, he is like a Head of State. They block the road, and obstruct those ahead and those behind until his passage.

When he beckons, some trek from Kano to Zaria, some from Kaduna to Zaria. If that will take five hours, then that is how long people will have to wait. Even a Head of State does not use the road this way. When they are protesting and a governor arrives, they will stop him. If an Emir arrives, they will stop him. We here in Kano, I know that twice they did this to the Emir of Kano. One day as he emerged from the Fagge Mosque, they blocked him, and kept on hitting the windows of his car and saying “Allahu Akbar”.

On another day, he went out and returned. Right here in the city, in front of SAS [School of Arabic Studies], their leader was in town, so they blocked him [the Emir]. A security guard had to open SAS for the Emir’s cars, and the Emir waited there for half an hour for the occasion to end. If he wasn’t a leader with patience and dignity, he could have allowed 100 Palace Guards to come to his aid, and blood would have spilled in Kano.

Ref. [1]. Hadith reported by Muslim on the authority of Tamim Al-Dari (RAA).

The impudence shown to Emirs, governors and ministers would one day meet someone who won’t tolerate it. And indeed, that was what happened. Therefore, my advice, not only to Shiites, but to the whole nation, is for people to know what is proper, what is good conduct. People should not instigate [trouble] that they don’t know how it will end. That is the first point. Secondly, political leaders, District Heads, Village Heads and Ward Heads, it is desirable that we all learn lessons.

This land was founded on the ideology of Ahli Sunna Wal Juma’a. Since Islam came to us, it came as Ahli Sunna. Our rulers, not just the Caliphate Emirs but even Muhammadu Rumfa, were always on this path. This land does not know the concept of abusing the Prophet’s Companions. This land knows not about abusing the Prophet’s family. We cherish the Ahlal Bait [the Prophet’s household]. By God, we love them. Ahlal Bait is not just the Prophet’s relatives, but also his wives, a fact mentioned in the Qur’an. Allah says “(recites Qur’an 33:32-33, which address the wives of the Prophet as Ahlal Bait)”.

So, the Qur’an has placed the wives of the Prophet among the Ahlal Bait, and no one claiming to love the Ahlal Bait should abuse Aisha, or Hafsat. On this issue, we must, must, defend the honour of the Prophet’s Companions. The fear of trouble is not an issue, since it is incumbent on us District Heads, Village Heads, Ward Heads and Emirs to defend the honour of the Companions of Allah’s Messenger. Because Allah told us through His Messenger that “Whoever has mutual animosity with a friend (wali) of Mine, I declare war upon him. . . ” [2]

Allah has no friend greater than His Messenger, SAW. All these troubles that they cause, if the Companions get abused, then it won’t augur well. And if we keep silent, by God it will consume [us]. I did not say this, for Allah says “And fear a trial which will not strike those who have wronged amongst you exclusively, and know that Allah is severe in penalty” (Qur’an 8:25, Surah Al-Ahzab).

Therefore, this advice must be offered to people. It is not a matter of religion, but a matter of good conduct. So, protect the honour of the Messenger of Allah, whom you cannot claim to love while abusing his family. And the Companions that are being abused and disparaged, it is not them but the Prophet who is abused. Sayidina Abubakar was his close friend, who gave him his daughter in marriage. Sayidina [Umar] was his close friend, who married a daughter to him. How a man could marry off a daughter to Allah’s Messenger and was not of good character?

So, this advice is obligatory, and if in the past people were quiet, now is the time to speak. This land cannot be where the Prophet’s Companions are abused. And no group in this land can be a law unto itself.

Ref. [2]. Hadith recorded by Bukhari on the authority of Abu Huraira.

Dr. Nura Alkali translated the text of the sermon

SOURCE: THE WHISTLE

@ismail ibrahim - what do you make of this? What is the Emir saying?
[USERGROUP=15]@News Hub Team[/USERGROUP]
"Because Allah told us through His Messenger that “Whoever has mutual animosity with a friend (wali) of Mine, I declare war upon him. . . ”"

"This land cannot be where the Prophet’s Companions are abused. And no group in this land can be a law unto itself."

Very tactical defensive speech!

I am trying to work out what he is trying to say. Is he condemning the Shi'ites? Are we going to have a problem that would divide Muslims in Nigeria? Would it be wise for the government to then join the Saudi led coalition against terrorism considering the wider political concerns including issues with Iran et al?

I am trying to work out what he is trying to say. Is he condemning the Shi'ites? Are we going to have a problem that would divide Muslims in Nigeria? Would it be wise for the government to then join the Saudi led coalition against terrorism considering the wider political concerns including issues with Iran et al?

They are divided already, I learnt we have the Sumi and Shi'ite muslims.... He condemned at the beginning of the message and preaches brotherliness at the end against government and army.

I stand to be corrected.

Yeah he is condemning the shi'ites, I try to make you understand the other day but I was avoiding going into details, coz I needed to do some research on what the shi'ites ideology is really about.
Let's not forget the fact that they are violent in nature, if you have access to some of their videos you will see how young men cut themselves in Iran, loose blood and get stitched up all in the name of anger of how the prophets grand son Hussain was murdered thousands of years ago. It wouldn't hurt to do a research and find out for yourself.
People are practically scared to mention their name, in fact only a fool, will confront them to talk to them anyhow, that person would have really be in a hurry to meet his make.
That being said, they despise the prophets house hold simply because he appoint Abubakar Sadiq as the next caliph instead of this cousin Ali who happens to be the father of the Hussain they claim to adore, take note that Hussain is the prophets grand son.
Ali himself followed the leadership of Abubakar so, who are they to say otherwise when through out his life he did not contradict his Caliph?
It's only shi'ites that pray without mentioning the name Muhammad (saw), why do you think that is so? I have heard something about some of them saying Angel Gabriel made a mistake of giving Muhammad the prophetic honor instead of Ali, there by insinuating, indirectly that God made a mistake.
They were actually on a revenge mission that Saturday to a nearby village to retaliate on a clash they had on Thursday of that week which lead to the death of 4 of their members, they wanted to claim a mosque they did not build and the villagers repel and fought them.

So this was a political division rather than a spiritual division with the Shi'ites being the minority? As I would not paint the whole of the Islamic faith or any other religion with the 'prone to violence' brush, I wonder why internally we are willing to paint the Shi'ite with that same brush. Are the Shi'ite responding to marginalization or do you believe it is now a doctrine issue?

"Because Allah told us through His Messenger that “Whoever has mutual animosity with a friend (wali) of Mine, I declare war upon him. . . ”"

"This land cannot be where the Prophet’s Companions are abused. And no group in this land can be a law unto itself."

Very tactical defensive speech!

I believe the emir is angered at the Shiite incident. Tactical and defensive perhaps but it's obvious the emir is very frustrated at series of incidents which is frequently reoccurring with muslims around the country. Not a very clear message and being careful not to appear choosing sides between the Shiite and army.But clear enough to point out the wrong doing of the sect.Good leadership speech

I believe the emir is angered at the Shiite incident. Tactical and defensive perhaps but it's obvious the emir is very frustrated at series of incidents which is frequently reoccurring with muslims around the country. Not a very clear message and being careful not to appear choosing sides between the Shiite and army.But clear enough to point out the wrong doing of the sect.Good leadership speech
Thanks @Sharifudin - but can the Emir ever side with the Shi'ite giving the nature of the divide and considering he leads a different sect?

So this was a political division rather than a spiritual division with the Shi'ites being the minority? As I would not paint the whole of the Islamic faith or any other religion with the 'prone to violence' brush, I wonder why internally we are willing to paint the Shi'ite with that same brush. Are the Shi'ite responding to marginalization or do you believe it is now a doctrine issue?
I actually had no intention of responding to this post as, I may begin to talk about what I have no full knowledge of but then it hit me that some things have to be cleared.
Let it be known that I have nothing against any sect or religion generally. We all have different perspectives when it comes to analysis generally, and one of my views is that we have the Jews because they stopped believing in any Prophet after Moses and Abraham and we have the Christians who stopped believing in any other prophets after Jesus and then the Muslims who moved further to Believe in Prophet Muhammad. Muslims venerate all this prophets and hold them in high esteem, because all of them have one thing in common, they urged people to worship one God. see;
Say (O Muslims!: ' We believe in God, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) Prophets from their Lord; we make no distinction between any of them; and we bow to God (in ISLAM)
Quran 2:13

I am not here to tell you or anyone how to worship or who to worship. I for one believe that being good and kind is enough to fetch you God's mercy.
The shi'ite sect was believed to have been formed by group of non-Muslims who joined Islam to sabotage islam from within.
As far as painting a religion with violence is concerned, as far as Islam is concerned violence is not permitted. Removing an obstacle from the road is among the components of faith, so you can see how blocking the road is contradictory to that believe.
The shi'ites are neither minority or Marginalized, believe me they are doing just fine.
Come on! I believed you would have pieced it together by now, if you think of it, the Emire is talking about Insulting the Prophets companions did you honestly think the military attacked them because they were insulting the prophets companions? No!
They have been living like that for quiet a period of time and everyone including myself is afraid to cross path with them, not to even ask them why they would actually think insulting the prophets companion was a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back