Metro READ: Gov Ambode's Comments on Bloody Hausa-Yoruba Clash in Mile 12

L

LequteMan

Lagos state Governor Akinwunmi Ambode has reacted to the deadly Hausa-Yoruba clash that erupted within the communities in Ketu-Mile 12 area of the state.

“Today, I have just been informed that some miscreants and criminal elements have exploited that dispute to cause a breakdown of law and order within the area. These types of clashes do occur from time to time in a multi-ethnic city like Lagos and the government has responded appropriately.

“In order to further restore calm, I have ordered that Mile 12 Market be temporarily closed and urged traders, community leaders and other stakeholders to eschew violence; be calm and law abiding.

“Furthermore, I have also ordered a temporary restriction of movement in the following streets; Oniyanri Street, Maidan Street, Agiliti 1 and Agiliti 2,” he said.

“The public is hereby assured that we will not shy away from our responsibilities to protect lives and property and we will deal decisively with those criminal elements who fan the embers of ethnic strive”.

“Let me assure Lagosians that the state is home to every tribe and ethnic group and nobody should give this disturbance any ethnic coloration whatsoever. Every law abiding citizens should go about their normal businesses,” Governor Ambode said.

See PHOTOS From Yoruba Vs Hausa Fight in Mile 12 Lagos [VIEWERS DISCRETION IS ADVISED]

Vanguard

Attachments

• akinwumi ambode2.jpg
    akinwumi ambode2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 16
Back