Sports Stephen Keshi appreciates president Jonathan for restoring him as Eagles' coach

Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi, has expressed his appreciation to president Goodluck Jonathan for his intervention that saw him restored as the manager of the national team on Thursday.

Keshi was sacked two weeks ago by the Nigeria Football Federation's president, Amaju Pinnick after beating Sudan 3-1 and climbing to third spot of the Group A that has South Africa as leaders with eight points, followed by Congo on seven points.

The 2013 AFCON winning coach has however urged all Nigerians to keep all hopes alive and give their total support to the team as they prepare to battle Congo and South Africa in their remaining qualifiers for the 2015 African Nations Cup.

" The number one citizen of the Country intervened, I wouldn’t want to speak about anything else.I’m grateful to the President that he had time to even think about me and the Eagles job and I’m equally gateful to the Federal Government.”

” The problem with the team is we don’t have faith or believe in the team and we don’t see
anything good about It. If we don’t show support to them how do you expect them to function well?” Keshi added.

rsz_keshi_1 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back