Sports Stephen Keshi set to continue as Super Eagles head coach- NFF

The Nigeria Football Federation have revealed that coach Stephen Keshi is on the verge of signing a new contract as the Super Eagles coach after he agreeing to the terms offered and conditions of the contract.

Keshi, who led the Super Eagles to the 2013 African Cup of Nations and the FIFA world cup in Brazil in 2013 and 2014 respectively has been out of contract since the Nigerian flagbearers crashed out of the tournament in the second round- losing to France 2-1.

A member of the NFF’s technical committee, Paul Bassey revealed that Keshi has accepted to continue as head coach of the three-time African champions.

“He (Keshi) has accepted the terms. Keshi has agreed to come back to work and that’s where we are for now,” Bassey told supersport

When quizzed on the situation, Keshi refused to make a definite statement. “My dear brother, I was offered a contract by the NFF and it is not for me to make any statement on this.

“The NFF is the body to make a decision on this and that is that,” Keshi said on Monday.

Keshi was first named head coach of the Super Eagles in 2011 but his contract lapsed after the 2014 Fifa World Cup in Brazil.
keshi.jpg

Back