Sports Super Eagles Players' May Boycott National Assignments; Sunday Oliseh Warns

Super Eagles coach, Sunday Oliseh has disclosed that the players may have lost confidence in playing for their fatherland, saying most of them complain they are “poorly motivated”.

This is as a result of the football federation's inability to pay the players' match bonuses and allowances to the various national teams.

Reports also reveal that the Eagles have not been paid the bonus for a 2-0 home win over Swaziland in a 2018 World Cup qualifier in Port Harcourt in October.

The team also did not receive any cash from the NFF leading up to their shock exit from CHAN 2016 at the hands of Guinea on Tuesday.

“I have one big fear – I hope when we call the players they will not refuse to play for Nigeria. It’s scary but real. I have received phone calls from them asking about what they are being owed,” warned Oliseh, who blamed sagging morale for his team’s ouster in Rwanda.

“We need better motivation and if we don’t get it right and in time, we will struggle.” Africanfootball

Attachments

• sunday-oliseh_fxr79z4qhcqu1h4hstyulmvwg.jpg
    sunday-oliseh_fxr79z4qhcqu1h4hstyulmvwg.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 13
Back