Politics The Destruction of PDP Was an Inside Job -Oke

A

abujagirl

Chief Olusola Oke, former National Legal Adviser of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Ondo State governorship candidate in 2012 has disclosed that the PDP was destroyed from inside.

PDP.jpg

Oke who defected to the All Progressives Congress, APC after the March 28 presidential elections made the disclosure during an interview session with THE GUARDIAN.

He said, ''The slogan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), my former party that many of us spent more than 16 years to build into a formidable platform, is “power to the people”. By the time we accepted the slogan, probably some of us didn’t know the meaning of the words. The summary of the last elections is that Nigerians have truly taken over power. They utilized that ability on March 28 to bring out the change they needed.

''All these mudslinging, character assassination and name-calling that leaders of PDP are engaging in are not good. They should look at the causes of the fall of that party because people within who detest what the founding fathers stood for destroyed the party. People who refused to acknowledge peoples contributions destroyed the PDP. A party that lacks internal democracy and does not reward hard work and tolerant to betrayers in high places cannot expect Nigerians to continue to lick their wounds in perpetuity.

''Criminals, who found their ways to the corridors of power through treachery and subterfuge, shut the gate of mercy to committed members and hijacked the soul of the party. For me, till my last days in the party, I served with absolute commitment without counting costs. This is a party that we built with our sweat particularly in Ondo State where we laid a solid foundation and moved from being in opposition to taking control of government which we did with absolute commitment to the people''.

#APC #PDP

Back