The Rise of Another Traffic App for Nigeria

Vunderkind

Social Member
It now looks like Gidi Traffic has a competitor on the block. Dele Oluwole has stepped on the scene with this new traffic app.
jonnywaka-app.jpg
Nigerians are picking up steam with app technology, and almost every week sees the birth of a new app in Nigeria nowadays. Dele Oluwole, who has been spending a lot of time in Denmark, Great Britain and New Zealand said while in Diaspora, the traffic reports he heard of Nigeria left him uneasy, and this advised his move to come back home. To this end, he created JonnyWaka 316, an app designed to help road users get the best travel experience.

The app, designed for the people of Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja, and Accra, Ghana, is a free-to-download app. It has been designed to help road users avoid road hassles like flood, armed robbery, traffic jams amongst other things.

(Photo Credit: Vanguard)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Vunderkind please help my unenlightened mind as to how the soon will help commuters avoid armed robbery, I am exceptionally curious.

Why does the ancient city never among the first cities to get featured in any new technology?

Nigeria is heading in the right direction - from a technological view point

@phealip, if you look at the photo, you will see a point where it was tagged "robbery". From what I know of Gidi Traffic, users are always bringing in live updates and GidiTraffic app updates accordingly. So if, for example, someone tweets "accident at Badagry", GidiTraffic updates.

But of course, I don't know for sure how JonnyWaka 316 does that. We just gotta watch...

And I quite agree with you. We are beginning to get the hang of technology in these parts. What fine times to be born \(^_^)/

Thanks @The_HeadCase. Updates like u mentioned can help a little in avoidance as stated by @Vunderkind but it's application is still not reliable.

I was thinking it would involve satellite imaging or something of such. Anyway, a great development all the same.

Been a while I saw u @The_HeadCase on the forum. Hope u good?

@phealip well, the plan works. For GidiTraffic, at least. Lot of people updating, I doubt he'll miss a thing.

And @phealip, I've been here on and off. My data plan has been fucking up so bad that commenting has been hard. Missed me, honey? :)

@phealip well, the plan works. For GidiTraffic, at least. Lot of people updating, I doubt he'll miss a thing.

And @phealip, I've been here on and off. My data plan has been fucking up so bad that commenting has been hard. Missed me, honey? :)

**blinking**...honey? U forgot to add #no homo

...but if u remembered to forget, *walks hurriedly away n shouts* welcome back!!

Administrator, thank you for your post, it is appreciated. The name is Dele Oluwole and not Dele Odulwole.

@Vunderkind @phealip @The_HeadCase
Thank you all for your comments. May I point out that JonnyWaka Mobile App is not out to compete with any traffic reporting mobile app. JonnyWaka is different from any existing traffic reporting app because of the following reasons;

Unlike Gidi traffic (a twitter account) and others JonnyWaka is a Mobile Application on multiple platforms (BB/Android) that provides on the go traffic reports on a Mobile screen. The windows and iOS platform will be released in weeks from now.

Other features that differentiate JonnyWaka from others are;

Traffic reports cannot be missed; its reports are not in streams that can be missed on twitter. For example, if a user is following a thousand twitter accounts several updates can be missed in seconds.

Image upload; users of JonnyWaka Mobile App can use their mobile phone to take shots of traffic incidents and upload it in about 30 seconds without going through twitter.

Google Map is integrated into the Mobile Application and App triangulates the location being reported for everyone’s benefit.

Fun & game; the App has a bit of fun to it, users are automatically awarded points when they register and upload traffic incidents. The users with the leading point are automatically tagged as Chief Reporter, Lead Reporter, and Reporter by the Mobile App. The newcomers are WakaAbout.

Users control; users of JonnyWaka are in the drivers’ seats and updates are uploaded by users which are then displayed in seconds.

JonnyWaka is international; it is available and being used for roads in Port Harcourt, Lagos, and Abuja, and also Accra in Ghana

JonnyWaka is a three in one Mobile App and was only just introduced in July 2013 and has not been

for more details please send us emails --- [email protected] or follow us on twitter @JonnyWaka316

Administrator, thank you for your post, it is appreciated. The name is Dele Oluwole and not Dele Odulwole.

@Vunderkind @phealip @The_HeadCase
Thank you all for your comments. May I point out that JonnyWaka Mobile App is not out to compete with any traffic reporting mobile app. JonnyWaka is different from any existing traffic reporting app because of the following reasons;

Unlike Gidi traffic (a twitter account) and others JonnyWaka is a Mobile Application on multiple platforms (BB/Android) that provides on the go traffic reports on a Mobile screen. The windows and iOS platforms will be released in weeks from now.

Other features that differentiate JonnyWaka from others are;

Traffic reports cannot be missed; its reports are not in streams that can be missed on twitter. For example, if a user is following a thousand twitter accounts several updates can be missed in seconds.

Image upload; users of JonnyWaka Mobile App can use their mobile phone to take shots of traffic incidents and upload it in about 30 seconds without going through twitter.

Google Map is integrated into the Mobile Application and App triangulates the location being reported for everyone’s benefit.

Fun & game; the App has a bit of fun to it, users are automatically awarded points when they register and upload traffic incidents. The users with the leading point are automatically tagged as Chief Reporter, Lead Reporter, and Reporter by the Mobile App. The newcomers are WakaAbouts.

Users control; users of JonnyWaka are in the drivers’ seats and updates are uploaded by users which are then displayed in seconds.

JonnyWaka is international; it is available and being used for roads in Port Harcourt, Lagos, and Abuja, and also Accra in Ghana

JonnyWaka is a three in one Mobile App and was only just introduced in July 2013

for more details please send us emails --- [email protected] or follow us on twitter @JonnyWaka316
@@Vunderkind @@phealip @@The_HeadCase further to the post above .....

The Mobile App is integrated to Google map, users also earn points for registering and uploading road incidents (l

1. Traffic incidents like accidents, flood, and congestion are uploaded by admin and users
2. The Traffic Report screen is then updated automatically in less than 60 seconds (and users are not allowed to upload until another 15 minutes)
3. The incident is then marked on the road, route, and map showing the precise location. For accidents, users can take a shot of the scene and upload immediately
4. People can then avoid those roads/routes with incidents for alternatives

@JonnyWaka316 thanks for enlightening us further. I have also made the corrections to the misspelled name, thank you.

The explanations you have given here show you have a remarkable business model going on with this app, and one cannot help but be proud of it! I just have one question though.

Is the app available on Google PlayStore already? Or is the .apk file available on some other website - yours, for instance?

Thanks. We at NigerianBulletin appreciate your contribution, Dele Oluwole.

@Vunderkind thank you for the correction, commendation, and interest.

JonnyWaka Mobile App for Lagos, Abuja, and PH, including Accra has been available for download on Blackberry App world and Google Play Store since July 2013. See link below. We are still enhancing the App and the newest version that will be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with world popular Mobile App will be released in weeks.

Play store
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=jonnywaka&c=apps&hl=en

Blackberry
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/search/JONNYWAKA/?countrycode=NZ

@JonnyWaka316 thanks for enlightening us further. I have also made the corrections to the misspelled name, thank you.

The explanations you have given here show you have a remarkable business model going on with this app, and one cannot help but be proud of it! I just have one question though.

Is the app available on Google PlayStore already? Or is the .apk file available on some other website - yours, for instance?

Thanks. We at NigerianBulletin appreciate your contribution, Dele Oluwole.

@JonnyWaka316 you are one of those people who make living in Nigeria worth it. Great stuff. Good that ou are capturing the major cities first - the mo0re traffic-prone areas - and working downwards, I hope, to cover other cities in due time.

Great stuff, sir!

@JonnyWaka316 you are one of those people who make living in Nigeria worth it. Great stuff. Good that ou are capturing the major cities first - the mo0re traffic-prone areas - and working downwards, I hope, to cover other cities in due time.

Great stuff, sir!

Thanks

we have now merged with TrafficButter, the leading traffic twitter account in Nigeria. We have designed a new mobile App for the Nigerian road users.

It is called TrafficButter Mobile App

The primary feature is the precise presentation of traffic updates on the homepage and the map landing pages. Other secondary features include Geo Location, comments with location stamp for credibility on traffic reporting, and keyword search. Other features are the ability for users to follow roads of interest and receive alert messages, and reporters’ league table; this feature enables TrafficButter to reward top reporting users.

Our goal is simple; to ease the traffic stress on Nigerians by providing an on the go traffic update through an easy to use mobile App that captures so much traffic updates, and presents them to our users in a concise manner.

Thanks

we have now merged with TrafficButter, the leading traffic twitter account in Nigeria. We have designed a new mobile App for the Nigerian road users.

It is called TrafficButter Mobile App

The primary feature is the precise presentation of traffic updates on the homepage and the map landing pages. Other secondary features include Geo Location, comments with location stamp for credibility on traffic reporting, and keyword search. Other features are the ability for users to follow roads of interest and receive alert messages, and reporters’ league table; this feature enables TrafficButter to reward top reporting users.

Our goal is simple; to ease the traffic stress on Nigerians by providing an on the go traffic update through an easy to use mobile App that captures so much traffic updates, and presents them to our users in a concise manner.
Congratulations and best of luck

Back