Politics There'll Be No First Lady If I Become President - Buhari

Vunderkind

Social Member
Presidential candidate of the APC, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari has said that if he emerges winner of next year's presidential elections, there will be no office for the First lady.

His words, according to the Daily Trust newspaper: "The [office of] First Lady is not in the constitution, so there’s no official role for them."

Speaking in Kano, he said that women will be allowed to play their roles to their full capacities in their ministerial positions, noting that "there is the Ministry of Women Affairs, and so on."

He noted, however, that women will be playing an important role in his government.

“I was raised by my mother, as I lost my father when I was under six, so I know what a woman can do if given the chance."

buhari3a.jpg

I must say i agree with the humble General but I would also like him to re- think on the implications of this in our present day politics, irrespective of constitutional and religious backings... But if he still persist or refuse to make moves on making policies that will empower them, let's hope they wunt feel left out. #note large chunk of votes can be lost. 2star

Back