Politics Traditional Rulers in Abia State Endorse President Jonathan For Re-election

A

abujagirl

No fewer than 250 traditional rulers have endorsed the re-election bid of President Goodluck Jonathan in the forthcoming presidential election in February.

The traditional rulers expressed their support and commitment during a meeting with the President in Umuahia on Friday.

The Chairman, Abia State Council of Traditional Rulers, Eze Eberechi Dick, said that having considered the accomplishments of President Jonathan, the council would give him its unalloyed support.

''In 2011, we gave 75 per cent of the votes. In the coming elections, we want you to be rest assured that we will give you 100 per cent of the votes", Dick said.

He said every member of the council was interested in supporting candidates that would bring increased development and peace.

Dick said that the traditional rulers were hopeful that ''the FG will rewards Abia with more dividends of democracy.

Jonathan told them that he was willing to work with the traditional rulers to take development to the grassroots.

''We are willing to come up with policies that will boost commerce and industry in Abia. We are aiming for increased entrepreneurial activities in the state as well as the nation at large.

''We also hope that you will encourage your subjects to show their support to the continuity of the Jonathan-led administration.’’

#Abia #PDP

Goodluck Jonathan 3.jpg

That's good. Can you please tell me 1 good thing that his government brought to the country. If you did then he got my vote and I will try to convince some. Cheers
I think the 100% by @TheLeftWing was tongue in cheek. But on what has happened during this government beyond boko haram and corruption :)
  1. Freedom of information bill
  2. Local content in the oil and gas sector
  3. Continuation of the railway projects
  4. Removal of subsidies to redress the corruption in the system. Unfortunately no one knows where the benefits goes
  5. Some progress in focusing on Agriculture - people in the know say this is going well.
  6. Sovereign wealth fund (I do not understand this but it is on the list). I am sure it will be helpful
  7. Freedom of the press - we can now insult the president and his wife without being arrested :)
  8. Attracting external investors (he can take the credit as he takes the blame for boko haram). Nigeria is still the premier choice destination for investment in Africa (east and west at least)
[USERGROUP=4]@Senior Curators[/USERGROUP]

I think the 100% by @TheLeftWing was tongue in cheek. But on what has happened during this government beyond boko haram and corruption :)
  1. Freedom of information bill
  2. Local content in the oil and gas sector
  3. Continuation of the railway projects
  4. Removal of subsidies to redress the corruption in the system. Unfortunately no one knows where the benefits goes
  5. Some progress in focusing on Agriculture - people in the know say this is going well.
  6. Sovereign wealth fund (I do not understand this but it is on the list). I am sure it will be helpful
  7. Freedom of the press - we can now insult the president and his wife without being arrested :)
  8. Attracting external investors (he can take the credit as he takes the blame for boko haram). Nigeria is still the premier choice destination for investment in Africa (east and west at least)
[USERGROUP=4]@Senior Curators[/USERGROUP]
1.It's only in his government a dollar is almost N200.
2. Billions of dollars went missing and now where to be found.
3. The president was asked to declare his asset and up till now silent.
3. 5 managing directors in a ministry but the minister has never been sacked or question.
4. Government reserve is down

Petroleum Industry Bill should have been passed also.

But they should have done more on corruption and answering allegation. Also they should have been brave enough to tell us who is behind boko Haram.

They should have exposed the way the Nigerian oil and gas industry works and who has really benefited.

1.It's only in his government a dollar is almost N200.
2. Billions of dollars went missing and now where to be found.
3. The president was asked to declare his asset and up till now silent.
3. 5 managing directors in a ministry but the minister has never been sacked or question.
4. Government reserve is down

Well if I was in government I would have answered those queries differently. For me common sense dictates that you cannot just take $50Billion out of the Nigerian economy without major issues. Also the question should be why are the reserves down?

You said mention one and I have mentioned quite a few. I have also acknowledged the corruption but I am old enough to know that every Nigerian government has been guilty to the same scale. Do not be fooled. IBB was accused of $12 Billion fraud during the gulf war but no one has any records. If you are bringing someone on board to fight corruption, Nigeria has to be able to open the book on its history otherwise it is a waste of time.

Really the president has done something worthwhile for this country to seek reelection.

I think the problem the people have with him has to do with his attitude in tackling corruption and insurgency.

In addition they have lost the support of the international community mainly due to opposition lobbying. Not a good thing for Nigeria but a good thing for the opposition. My concern is that the international community consistently created chaos then walked away. Libya, Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Sudan etc etc. Stability is not on the agenda anymore for them.

Petroleum Industry Bill should have been passed also.

But they should have done more on corruption and answering allegation. Also they should have been brave enough to tell us who is behind boko Haram.

They should have exposed the way the Nigerian oil and gas industry works and who has really benefited.

Sunusi reported $25billion missing. Instead the government to investigate they didn't. All they do is to sacked Sunusi and never talk about the issue. No one explain whether he was wright or wrong.

I agree. I do believe that the government have an arrogant communication problem. Personally most presidents would have sacked sanusi. Politics is a team game and I am sure if one of his subjects starts questioning his authority as emir in the press or sending messages to the sultan of sokoto about his affairs rightly or wrongly they would be sacked.
But this is a question the government have to answer!

Every gov administration has ups and downs, advantages and disadvantages, good and bad.

In Jonathan's case, the bad outweighs the good.

Every gov administration has ups and downs, advantages and disadvantages, good and bad.

In Jonathan's case, the bad outweighs the good.
@ lequte. you are 100% correct on; the bad out weight the good. What will a good nigeriando with this kind of administration. My best politician on earth is Baba obasanjo. I wish him long life and prosperity.

Bad things are more pronounced than good things.

The general outcome is what's judged. A football coach gets sacked if he keeps losing- it doesn't matter if his players are playing a good football or scoring goals. The general result is very important.

Bad things are more pronounced than good things.

The general outcome is what's judged. A football coach gets sacked if he keeps losing- it doesn't matter if his players are playing a good football or scoring goals. The general result is very important.

Back