Politics Vacation : President Buhari Replies Critics - You Can Say Whatever You Like

A

abujagirl

President Muhammadu Buhari has responded to Nigerians criticizing his vacation and constant trips abroad.

buhari trip.jpg

Answering questions from some journalists on Friday shortly before he commenced a six-day vacation, Buhari said: “Every one of my trips can be politically or economically assessed. I recall that the first trip I had was to go to Chad and Niger. The trip was mainly because of Nigeria’s security.

“We campaigned based on three issues -security, economy (employment) and corruption. And then the G-7 invited me to Germany. After that, I went to Cameroon. I then went to the United Nations General Assembly.”

“I have not seen any frivolous journey that I undertook. I understand that the governor of Ekiti state said that every trip I make costs Nigeria at least $1m. I do not know how he worked that out but every trip that I have made, there must be economic and political reasons that justified them.

“Those who do not see it the way the government sees it have the right not to agree and say whatever they like. But we will try and give them the appropriate reply.”

Back