World Win a baby today

A

abujagirl

Abandoned babies are being given out as prizes on Aman Ramazan , a controversial prime-time game show in Pakistan. Aman Ramazanis broadcast live on Pakistan TV for seven hours a day during the month of Ramadan

TV host Aamir Liaquat Hussain presented baby girls to two unsuspecting couples during his show.

"I was really shocked at first. I couldn't believe we were being given this baby girl," said Suriya Bilqees, now a mother of a two-week old. "I was extremely happy."

Another baby, a boy, is due to be given to another couple at some point in the coming days.

The baby girls given away on the show were found by an NGO, the Chhipa Welfare Association, which says it receives up to 15 abandoned babies a month.

The show has proved extremely popular, breaking ratings records and may be extended beyond its Ramadan run.
Aamir Liaquat Hussain’s is known to court controversy by attempting to mix religion and entertainment.
"At Christmas there's Santa Claus to give everyone gifts, it's important for Christians. For us Ramadan is a really special time so it's really important to make people happy and reward them," said Hussain.

Hussain further said"We've created a symbol of peace and love, that's our show's theme -- to spread love. I'm setting an example. Giving a childless couple an abandoned child," .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back