Politics 7 Important Things President Buhari Said This Week [Week 27]

kemi

Social Member
President Muhammadu Buhari performed several functions this week, not leaving out comments about pressing issues of national importance.

buhari nigeria.jpg

Here are the top 7 of his quotes

1. “It is saddening that some of those who stole from our national resources put the money in their personal accounts."

- Buhari during the Northern christian elders visit to Abuja.

2. “[However] it is gratifying that those who stole money and shared funds meant for the purchase of arms for our military are regretting their actions and they will regret more.”

- Buhari on looters

3. “You must tell your followers the truth about the country," he said. We have nothing to hide because we have no other country but Nigeria. Tell them to give us a chance to stabilize the country.”

- Buhari while receiving Christian leaders

4. “I know the Ministry of Agriculture and the Governors Forum are doing a lot to resolve the lingering crisis between herdsmen and farmers, we must give them a chance.”

- Buhari on herdsmsen

5. “We have to concentrate on the militants to try to know how many of them in terms of groupings, try to get in touch with their leadership, to try to persuade them to please give Nigeria a chance.”

- Buhari to militants

6. “I assure them that when we were very junior officers, we were told by our leaders, by the Head of State which was Gen. Gowon that to keep Nigeria one is a task that must be done. We never thought of oil.”

- Buhari to militants

7. “Please, pass the message to the militants that one Nigeria is not negotiable. And I pray they better accept it. The constitution is very clear…I assure them there would be justice.”

- Buhari, still on militancy

Back