Politics Ambode Unveils Plan To Build 5 New Arts Theatres in Lagos

P

ProfRem

Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State on Sunday unveiled plans to build five new arts theatres across the state as part of efforts to engage the youths and promote tourism through arts and entertainment.

The governor,who spoke at a stage play titled, ‘Heartbeat The Musical…A New Beginning’ held at the Muson Centre, Onikan, Lagos, said the theatres would be up and running before the end of 2017.

Ambode said he was thoroughly impressed by the production of the play, saying it was a confirmation that Lagos is not only the destination for arts, culture and entertainment, but has youths ready to showcase their talents.

ambode.jpeg

He said: “I never believed I could sit down for two hours, I thought I would just pop in briefly and then leave, but this is awesome and fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I believe strongly in arts, entertainment and sports. Before the end of next year, we are going to have five new theatres in Lagos.

“We are already engaging the Terra Kulture and we are speaking to another consultant. We want to have the theatres in Badagry, Epe, Ikorodu, Alimosho and on the Mainland. We already have one in Victoria Island. This is where the energy of Lagos is and that is where we should go”.

Back