Politics Anambra Election: Amaechi Endorses PDP Candidate, Obaze

P

ProfRem

A first-Republic Minister of Aviation, Mbazulike Amaechi, has endorsed the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Oseloka Obaze and his running mate, Chidi Onyemelukwe ahead of the November 18 poll in Anambra State.

The 89 year-old ex-minister gave the support at his Ukpor home, while handing over a traditional staff of authority (Offor) to Obaze as a symbol of his endorsement.

He expressed optimism that the PDP would win the poll, despite the fact that he is contesting with an incumbent and a federal government candidate, Willie Obiano and Tony Nwoye respectively.

He said: "This staff is for you as a symbol of my utmost support and assurance that you will be the next governor of Anambra State come March 17, 2018.

obaze.JPG

''I'm 89 and will be celebrating my 90th Birthday on June 16. I want you to celebrate it with me as governor.

''You're a good man. Your relationship with elders like me while you served under Peter Obi as SSG is enough proof that you have all ingredients of good leadership.

''Besides, there's no other candidate in this election that matches you in pedigree and the required ingredients to be a governor of a state like Anambra".

Back