Politics Anambra Governorship Elections: APC Inaugurates Campaign Committee, Imo State Governor to Relocate

A

abujagirl

images

Ahead of the governorship elections in Anambra, the All Progressives Congress (APC), on Tuesday inaugurated a 25-man campaign committee to ensure victory for its governorship candidate in the Anambra governorship election, Dr Chris Ngige.

The governorship campaign would officially kick-off on 3rd October.

Members of the 25 man committee include the Publicity Secretary of the party, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the National Women Leader, Mrs Sharon Ikpeazu, National Organising Secretary, Sen. Osita Izunaso, deputy National Youth Leader, Mr Uzoma Igbonwa, the South-East Vice-Chairman of the party, Dr Anyim Nyerere and Mr George Muoghalu.

Imo state governor , Rochas Okorocha while inaugurating the Okorocha said the governorship contest was “between Ngige and others in Abuja”.

“I am here for one reason; that Anambra has been in confusion for too long. The people of the state are tired of being controlled from Abuja,” Okorocha said.

The governor described Ngige as a “trustworthy” individual who would use the resources of the state for its development.

“He has assured me that he will make education free and change the state for good.

“Within two years, he brought development to the state. Imagine what would have happened if he had remained as governor for eight years"

Governor Okorocha also promised to relocate to Anambra during the campaign.

Lai Mohammed, an APC Chieftain said that Ngige was a candidate to beat at the elections, describing the donation towards the campaign as worthy of emulation.

“What happened today only happened in the first republic during the Action Group where farmers and artisans contributed to the election of candidates.

“Okorocha has reminded us of our glorious past. What it means is that we are signing a contract with the people.

“What has happened today is what our politicians have not been able to explain to the people that if a big man sponsors your election, it is like the devil putting you in office.

“If the ordinary people donate and put you in office, it is like signing a covenant with them.

“I am moved by the spirit of collectivism".

Ngige on his part commended party faithful for making donations towards his campaign, saying,
“I have never seen where people came for inauguration and drop money. It is a covenant that you have all made with me of which I will fulfill.

“We are in this journey together; we shall swim and float together till we get to government house",. (NAN)

Back