Politics Anambra Governorship Elections: APGA Runner Up Withdraws Legal Suit Against Obiano

A

abujagirl

Uche Ekwunife, first runner up in the August 26 primaries of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in Anambra state, Nigeria has withdrawn her case challenging the candidature of Chief Willie Obiano, APGA’s candidate in the Anambra governorship polls.

A statement issued by Ekwunife on Thursday, said that she was withdrawing the case due to pressure and in the interest of the party plus she believed that it was only God who anointed kings

She said, “I withdrew the suit in deference to pressure from my family, my state governor, friends, colleagues, clergymen, royal fathers, well-wishers and the larger interest of our great party, APGA.

“I have instructed my lawyers to terminate forthwith Suit No. GHC/ AWK/CS/ 281/2013, which we instituted at the Federal High Court, Awka.

“I also dissociate myself from all other suits, in any form or colour, against our party’s candidate, Chief Willie Obiano, by any person or persons, group or groups before now or in the future.

“May I use this opportunity to affirm my loyalty to our governor, the National Chairman of our great party, our candidate, Chief Willie Obiano, and the APGA family,’’ she said.(NAN)

Attachments

• upload_2013-11-29_7-50-5.png
    upload_2013-11-29_7-50-5.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 10
Back