Politics APC Spokesperson Threatens to Sue Ondo Commissioner

A

abujagirl

Mr Abayomi Adesanya, publicity secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo, has threatened to sue the state commissioner of Information, Mr Kayode Akinmade, for defamation.

APC.jpg

Adesanya made the threat while addressing newsmen in the state. He said, ''It is on record that each time an issue is raised by the opposition, especially the All Progressives Congress, on matters or issues with direct consequence on the good people of Ondo state, Akinmade will rather abuse me (Adesanya), calling me unprintable names, rather than addressing the issue(s) raised or give a rebuttal for the general public.

“You will recall that I issued a statement on December 10, 2016 titled: ‘Paris Club Gives Mimiko N6.8 Billion to Pay Pensioners’ Workers’.

“In a swift reaction, the commissioner for Information, Kayode Akinmade, described the statement as baseless and unfounded and advised the APC stakeholders to contact the Federal Ministry of Finance for verification of their ‘frivolous’ allegation.

“However, three days later, December 13, 2016, same Kayode Akinmade issued a statement which suggested that Ondo State Government had collected the sum of N6.5 billion from Paris Club to pay pensioners and workers.

“Furthermore, I issued a statement titled: ‘Mimiko secretly recruiting 10,000 workers, selling government properties To cronies — APC alleges’ on December 16, 2016.

“In his usual way, the commissioner for Information on Dec. 16, 2016, insulted my personality by calling me a ‘psychiatrist patient’; this was reported in various dailies nationwide.

“I consider Akinmade’s statement as untoward, derogatory, disparaging and a direct attack on me and my office. This has really caused untold embarrassment to me and my family,” he said.

“I hereby, demand a public apology within seven days from Mr Kayode Akinmade, the Commissioner for Information in Ondo State, for calling me (Adesanya) a ‘psychiatric patient’ or face libelous action.”

Back