Sports Arsenal: What Arsene Wenger Said After 10-2 Hammering by Bayern Munich

L

LequteMan

Arsene Wenger's side on Tuesday suffered a huge loss as they were dumped out of the Champions League by Bayern Munich shamefully.

The German side which defeated Arsenal 5-1 in the first leg, inflicted the same damage to the English side in London.

Walcott blasted over Neur into the net for the first goal before Lewandowski equalized from the spot early in the second half, with Koscielny sent off.

Bayern then completed the rout, Arjen Robben robbed Alexis Sanchez of the ball and beat Ospina, before Douglas Costa made it 3-1 with a stunning solo goal.

Fellow midfielder Arturo Vidal grabbed a late double, first with an impudent chip before slotting in from Costa's square pass.

On aggregate, Arsenal lost 10-2 to Bayern Munich, the lowest for an English team.

Speaking to BT Sport after the game, Arsenal Boss Arsene Wenger said:

"There are difficult aspects in the game that explain that we're out. I feel we produced the game we wanted and we were really unlucky with some of the decisions. It's really hard to understand.

"It's definitely a penalty on Theo Walcott, Lewandowski is offside and after the red card it was very difficult for us to finish the game. My team has produced a huge effort tonight and played very well."

"Down to 10 men you have to score four goals. It becomes impossible in the head of the players. Lewandowski is offside, it's not a penalty and then on top of that he gives a yellow card and on top of that he gives a red card.

"I'm absolutely revolted and sorry for the people who paid a lot of money to watch this game."

"I felt we were in it and you never know how Bayern would have reacted if we had scored a second goal. It looks very bad and doesn't reflect the courage of the performance.

"Once it 2-1 down it was very difficult and you have no chance to qualify any more. But that's not the part I want to keep in my mind because the game has been spoiled by the referee."

Attachments

• arsene wenger talk.jpg
    arsene wenger talk.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 13
Arsene Wenger's side on Tuesday suffered a huge loss as they were dumped out of the Champions League by Bayern Munich shamefully

Best intro I have read in a loooong time :D :D :D @kemi, get in here ...

@Lequte's savagery is epic :)

Back