Politics Atiku Replies Oba Akiolu: I Have Nothing to do With Your Removal From Nigeria Police

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's former vice President, Atiku Abubakar has distanced himself from the sacking of Oba Rilwan Akiolu of Lagos state from the Nigeria Police Force.

Oba Akiolu had accused Atiku of orchestrating his removal.

“I remember that I was a victim of that circumstance; then Abubakar Atiku, Daura, and others advised ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo that if he wants to win Lagos in 2003 presidential election, I must be removed. It was written on paper,” Akiolu said in a Vanguard report.

Reacting via his media office, Atiku denied being involved in the sacking.

He said he never supervised the Nigeria Police or the Police Service Commission, and therefore, could not have been part of any alleged plot to force Mr. Akiolu out of public service for committing no offence.

The former Vice President also said he had no power over the Police Force or the Police Service Commission to remove anybody for whatever reason from office without committing any offence, adding that he was not familiar with the monarch as at the time he was removed from the Police Force.

Attachments

• Atiku-Abubakar-71.jpg
    Atiku-Abubakar-71.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 24
Back