Politics Buhari is Nigeria’s Most Credible Brand – Onyeama

P

ProfRem

President Muhammadu Buhari is the ‘strongest brand’ the country currently has to improve on its credibility.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Chief Geoffrey Onyeama made this known when he addressed newsmen in Eke, Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State, on Thursday.

According to him, the credibility of the nation has relatively improved since the inception of Buhari’s administration.

He, however, said that the improvement was basically because of the reputation of the president.

The minister said that the international community had high regards for the president whose anti-corruption posture had made impressions on them.

buhariSit.JPG

“The nation’s credibility before the international community has improved but I think it is mainly because of the person of the president.

“The international community is very impressed with the president’s records so far.

“He has a track record of real integrity and that is why they are responding so positively to our economic, security and anti-corruption initiatives.

“So, the strongest brand Nigeria has at the moment is President Muhammadu Buhari,” he said.

He did not qualify his statement :) Politically not sure either, good will seems to be waning and did you read the FT article? Very similar to the Economist one lambasting GEJ.
Foreign media will soon start to praise him... Our economic policy will be out this MONTH :)

That Buhari brand is unstable and has several inconsistent attributes and parameters. Shrewd investors won't put their money into it.

That Buhari brand is unstable and has several inconsistent attributes and parameters. Shrewd investors won't put their money into it.
It seems you don't v knowledge of the Nigerian market that international investors oversubscribed 8 times the value of offer of the Bond?

So, the BRAND is respected overseas but we v diminished our product ourselves...

It seems you don't v knowledge of the Nigerian market that international investors oversubscribed 8 times the value of offer of the Bond?

So, the BRAND is respected overseas but we v diminished our product ourselves...
I subscribe to the FT article on Buhari and all it said are not +ves or intrinsic value that should make a good brand.

I mean nothing to showcase in -ve trends: it took him 6 months to appoint ministers and think economy will not go to recess; govt info mgt is appalling and what value is to be placed on man who is neither dead nor alive!

I actually have that knowledge, but it doesn't invalidate the argument that the Buhari brand is unstable in some parameters; take obedience to the rule of law for instance.

People will subscribe to anything that looks promising but immediately things start going awry they will pull their money out. When was the last time things went according to plan in Nigeria?

Excuse me if I'm not moved by that piece of information, we've heard of many promising things that never came to pass.

I subscribe to the FT article on Buhari and all it said are not +ves or intrinsic value that should make a good brand.

I mean nothing to showcase in -ve trends: it took him 6 months to appoint ministers and think economy will not go to recess; govt info mgt is appalling and what value is to be placed on man who is neither dead nor alive!

Bulls eye. You hit the nail on the head there.

Being realistic doesn't mean being negative.

Many things have gone wrong with Nigeria so much that we bring out the drums and throw a party for something we should only bestow a smile of gratitude.

I actually have that knowledge, but it doesn't invalidate the argument that the Buhari brand is unstable in some parameters; take obedience to the rule of law for instance.

People will subscribe to anything that looks promising but immediately things start going awry they will pull their money out. When was the last time things went according to plan in Nigeria?

Excuse me if I'm not moved by that piece of information, we've heard of many promising things that never came to pass.

Hmm... Inconclusive everything but.. :)

Back