Sports Chukwu to Keshi: Leave Nigeria and go to a place you will be appreciated

Former Super Eagles coach Christain Chukwu has advised Stephen Keshi to walk away from managing the national team.

Keshi's position as Super Eagles coach is uncertain, with the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) not being forthcoming if he would continue managing the national team.

The 52-year old is yet to get a substantive contract from the NFF and has been operating without any tangible agreement with the football body.

Nigeria failed to qualify for the 2015 African Nations Cup tournament, and will not be able to defend the title they won last year in South Africa.

And there has been immense pressure from the NFF to lay-off Keshi for a second time, but having been brought back on the orders of president Goodluck Jonathan, the NFF have been boxed in a difficult position.

However, the development has further severed the relationship between the NFF and Keshi, which has resulted to a cold treatment for the coach.

And now, Chukwu has called on Keshi to leave the Super Eagles job and go where he would be appreciated.

“Well, my candid advice to Keshi, you know with all this problems in the NFF, it will take a long time for the association to sit and start deciding anything about the technical crew, I think if he has a better offer anywhere he is free to go and his contract will be respected more outside the country because I am talking out of experience,” Chukwu quoted as saying by Megasport.

There have been reports that Keshi has had talks with Equatorial Guinea on the prospect of managing their national team, although this is yet the see the light of the day.

Keshi vs Bosnia.gif

Back