Sports Confident Keshi : We will beat France

rsz_keshi_1 (1).jpg
Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi is confident that they will defeat France in their second round match on Monday in Brazil's capital city of Brasilia.

Nigeria is one of the two African countries left in the competition,with Algeria the other and they will play Germany looking to avenge their 1982 painful elimination.

The Super Eagles' preparation for the game has been hampered by bonus rows which forced the team to miss its training session on Thursday evening,but Keshi assured that the players are in high spirits coming into the game.

“I said before the tournament that our mentality must be strong. Our approach to every match has always been the same,to win.

“Whether we are playing against Spain at the FIFA Confederations Cup or playing against Liberia in a friendly match, I always tell the boys that victory is non–negotiable.

Keshi further added that aiming just for victory against the Didier Deschamps side who are the overwhelming favorites to go through.

“For us, we will go into Monday’s match aiming to win. But as I also said before the competition, we take it one match at a time.

“We don’t even want to think of who might be lurking in the quarter finals if we win; we are not bothered. All we know is that we must win on Monday” Keshi added.

Back