World Dan Johnson: US Lawmaker Who Called Barack And Michelle Obama Monkeys Commits Suicide

M

mrsam

A Republican state lawmaker in Kentucky who refused to resign following allegations that he sexually assaulted a teenage girl in the basement of his home killed himself on Wednesday night.

Dan Johnson shot himself on a bridge in Mount Washington, Kentucky, the Bullitt County sheriff, Donnie Tinnell, said. His body was found near a bridge on Greenwell Ford Road in Mount Washington, in a spot called the River Bottoms. He had a single gunshot wound to his head. A gun was recovered at the scene.

Johnson, 57, was elected to the state legislature in 2016. Prior to the election, racist Facebook posts he made came to light. One compared Barack and Michelle Obama to monkeys. Republican leaders urged him to drop out of the race because of this but he refused and eventually won.

Shortly before 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Johnson posted a troubling message on his Facebook page. In the post, he asked people to care for his wife. He wrote that post-traumatic stress disorder "is a sickness that will take my life, I cannot handle it any longer. It has won this life, BUT HEAVEN IS MY HOME."

dan johnson.JPG

dan johnson 2.JPG

Back