Politics Defamatory Documentary: Tinubu Withdraws Suit Against AIT After Dokpesi's Apology


L

LequteMan

Guest
✅ NEW - get your business listed and your information shared across social media.
APC National Leader, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has withdrawn his suit against The African Independent Television (AIT), after it's founder Raymond Dokpesi, apologized for a defamatory documentary it aired before last year’s general election.

Dokpesi Writes Apology Letter to Tinubu Over ‘Lion of Bourdilon’ Documentary

AIT on March 1st last year aired the documentary “Unmasking the Real Tinubu: The Lion of Bourdillon, showcasing various properties and companies across Lagos purportedly owned by Tinubu, described as “Nigeria’s biggest landlord."

After it was aired, Tinubu, instituted a N150 billion suit against the station alleging that the documentary was libellous and aimed at tarnishing his image.

The station however, refused to pull down the documentary and dismissed Tinibu’s suit.

However the case took a turn on Friday the TV station’s lawyer, Mike Ozekhome, and Tinubu’s lawyer, Wole Olanipekun, told the judge they had reached an out-of-court settlement.

In a letter of apology presented before a Lagos High Court on Friday, Daar Communications, the owners of the TV station, admitted their fault in airing the documentary and hailed the character of the APC Chieftain.

“Daar Communications Plc acknowledges that Bola Ahmed Tinubu is an outstanding political leader of unblemished character and integrity, as well as a leading public figure and opinion-moulder, who has made and continues to make immense contributions to the progress and development of the nation in general and Lagos State in particular,” read the letter.”

“Daar Communications Plc admits that in airing the said documentary, it had no intention, whatsoever, to embarrass or diminish the high reputation of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu which it respects and attests to.”
 

Attachments

  • tinubu.jpg
    tinubu.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 19
Top