Sports Didier Drogba to retire from football at the end of the season

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has hinted that he could retire from playing football at the end of the season.

Drogba rejoined Chelsea in the summer, signing a one-year deal after having spells at Chinese side, Shanghai Shenhua and also in the Turkish League with Galatasaray.

The Ivorian revealed that he will hang up his boot at the end of this current campaign at Stamford Bridge.

According to the Daily Star, Drogba was quoted as saying: "This year the key for me is to enjoy my football and to be with my team-mates and to win trophies. There is one more year to go so let's do it, let's win more trophies, let's make history again."

This season, Drogba has scored three goals for Chelsea in all competitions, proving to be a capable replacement for Diego Costa.

Despite retiring from the Ivorian national team, coach of the Elephants, Herve Renard has said that he would want to have him back in the national team.

But with the latest statement from Drogba, all hopes of a possible return seems to have been quashed.

rsz_lmk-061543.jpg

Back