Politics Ebonyi : I May Not Support My Party's Presidential Candidate In 2019 - Governor Umahi

A

abujagirl

Ebonyi State Governor , David Umahi, on Tuesday said he may not support his party's candidate in the 2019 presidential elections.

David Umahi2.jpg

The Governor who is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP made the disclosure during a meeting with traditional rulers and town union presidents in the state; PREMIUM TIMES reports.

He said, “When it comes to presidency, we no dey do party.

“It is the man that will help us to develop this state, that’s the man we will support. But for governorship, national assembly and state assembly don’t go there. Nobody will touch it. for presidency, we will negotiate, we will like the person to discuss with our traditional rulers as stakeholders.”

“As traditional rulers, we cannot tell you to vote for this party or that party but you have the responsibility to knack the gong and make it compulsory that nobody goes to market, nobody goes to farm on the election day.

“You have to go and knack the gong and you have powers and authority to do that. In the north, it is the traditional rulers that determine the course of politics and I will give you people that role. So, don’t
shy away from politics for the peace of Ebonyi state.

“On Friday, there will be public holiday, I will declare public holiday so that people will come out enmass to vote on Saturday. I want the nation to know that Ebonyi can give one million votes,” the governor said.

Back