Politics Edo 2016: Militants Planning To Disrupt Election – Oshiomhole Cries Out

P

ProfRem

Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has alleged that some members of the Niger Delta Volunteer Force (NDVF) were planning to invade the state through the water ways ahead of the September 10 governorship election.

Senior Special Assistant on Media to the Governor. Mr. Musa Ebomhiana disclosed this is a statement released today.

He said that the militants are expected to infiltrate the stronghold of the ruling APC, especially the major towns in Edo North, the South and some local governments in the Central zone with high concentration of non-natives where they can easily mingle with the people undetected.

oshiom.jpe

The statement reads: “the militants are expected to invade the state through the waterways in Ologbo, Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area and Agenebode, Etsako East Local Government Area. The other entry points are said to be Epkeri and Anegbete in Etsako Central Local Government Area and Siloko in the Ovia North East Local Government. About 4,000 of these militants are said to have been hired to carry out this dirty job.

“One of the leaders of the group and an indigene of Edo State, who simply gave his name as J.C. Goddon otherwise known as Rambo, said he was duty-bound to expose this evil plan of his colleagues-in-arms because ‘we are for free, fair and peaceful election in Edo State and the entire Niger Delta, nothing less’.

“Goddon also revealed that ‘I have advised some of my colleagues in other group not to be used to destabilise the election in Edo. I also, want to advise the youths here (Edo) not to allow themselves to be used to foment trouble before, during and after the election.’”

Back