Politics Edo 2016: Why I Cannot Trust My Cousin, Godwin Obaseki To Be Governor – Pedro Obaseki

P

ProfRem

Dr. Pedro Obaseki was said to have step down his ambition and endorse Ize-Iyamu because he realised that the PDP governorship candidate is the ‘’best candidate” for the election, describing Governor Oshiomhole and his cousin as unworthy of the people’s trust.

The PDP candidate, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, has also commended what he described as “uncommon courage” of Dr. Don Pedro Obaseki, the Accord governorship hopeful, for putting on hold his governorship ambition and collapsing his structure within the PDP.

Dr. Pedro Obaseki, former APC governorship aspirant before his failed move to Accord, was quoted as describing as shocking, what he termed as ‘betrayal of trust’ on the part of his elder cousin, Godwin Obaseki. Pedro, who narrated his experience in the hands of the Economic Team leader of the outgoing government of Edo State, said that his ambition and programmes for Edo State tallied with that of Ize-Iyamu.

edoCan.JPG

‘’I will rather support my brother, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu than go with Governor Adams Oshiomhole’s puppet candidate who is still going about with pampers”, Dr. Pedro Obaseki stated.

“I will rather support Pastor Ize-Iyamu, who represents the collective aspiration of Edo people than support Godwin Obaseki, who is being promoted by external political and economic investors.” He said that he would join the PDP candidate’s campaign team as from Monday, promising to expose the “sins” of Oshimohle and his brother to the people of Edo State in the next few days.

Back