Sports EPL: West Brom frustrated with Brown Ideye

English clubside West Bromwich Albion are concerned about the impact of Brown Ideye since he joined them in the summer.

The Nigerian international is West Brom's record signing, after joining the midlands club in July from Dynamo Kyiv for £10million.

But Ideye has struggled to hit the ground running since then, with injuries not helping his cause.

He was omitted from their squad that played against Leicester City, and there are reports that West Brom are frustrated with him.

And West Brom manager Alan Irvine said that he did not speak to him why he was left out of the squad.

“I haven’t had a chat with him [about why he wasn’t in the squad]. We pick the team carefully and even if it’s the same team it’s still chosen with a lot of thought and care – that applies to the subs as well.," Irvine was quoted as saying on The Telegraph.

“The way that we do it is I say to any player, ‘If you want to come in on Monday, come in on Monday’. But when the team’s named and the subs are named accept that, respect the rest of the players and then come back in later if you want to have a chat. I might have a chat with him on Monday if he feels he needs to have a chat but if he doesn’t I won’t be calling him in.”

Since Ideye joined West Brom, he has only found the net once and it came in a League cup match.

Ideye.gif

Back