Metro Father of Teenager Forced Into Marriage in Katsina Speaks – I Want My Daughter Returned as Virgin

kemi

Social Member
The news of the 14-year-old girl, Habiba Isiyaku, who was allegedly forced to marry one Jamilu Lawal, who ‘kidnapped’ her in Katsina state, has continued to stir up controversies as her father, Tanko Isiyaku, has said he wants his daughter returned a virgin.

HABIBA AND FATHER.jpg

Recall that the Emir of Katsina, Abdulmumini Usman has been accused of marrying off Habiba to her kidnapper, although, he dismissed the allegation, saying the girl had indicated her interest in the marriage.

In a chat with the Punch, the 70-year-old said, “I did not marry her off to him, she was forced into marrying Lawal who lives close to us in the community.

“Before she was taken away, I did not notice any change in my daughter’s behaviour especially her religious beliefs. There was no such thing. She did not change in any way, not even in her religion. She is a very dedicated Christian who believes in the resurrection of Jesus Christ.”

Isiyaku pleaded with the government to help bring back his daughter.

He said, “I want President Muhammadu Buhari to assist me to get my daughter back. I desire nothing more.

“The Katsina State commissioner of police tried. He spoke strongly about the matter, telling them to give me back my daughter because she is a minor and still under her parents. He told them to allow her to go.

“I want her to remain as she was before she was forcefully taken away from us. My daughter was a virgin before her abduction to the emir’s palace.”

Back