Politics Fayose Writes Letter to Buhari on Nomination of Ekiti Indigenes For Ministerial Position

A

abujagirl

Ekiti state Governor, Ayo Fayose has written to President Muhammadu Buhari on why any minister representing the state must be nominated by him (Fayose).

Ayo Fayose.jpg

According to PREMIUM TIMES, Fayose, who made the request in a letter to the President dated May 31, 2015, said if the request was granted by the President, he would send a worthy and competent Ekiti professional for appointment in the federal executive council.

''Should the request be favourably disposed to, I shall be happy to nominate a worthy and competent professional who can always oblige your excellency and your cabinet the benefit of a second opinion in the serious business of governance''.

The governor also hinted that his letter was on the strength of the 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria section 147 sub (2) and (3) which states that, ''Any appointment to the office of the Minister of the government of the Federation shall if the nomination of any such person to such office is confirmed by the Senate, be made by the President.

''Any appointment under sub- section (2) of this section by the President shall be in conformity with the provision of section 15 (3) of this constitution provided that in giving effect to the provision aforesaid, the President shall appoint at least one minister from each state who shall be indigene of such state''.

Fayose added that since Ekiti was totally a PDP state it was expedient that he be accorded the honour of naming the minister that would come from the state.

#PDP #Fayose #Ekiti #Buhari

May be because Fayose is owing the workers in Ekiti three months salary in arears.

So Fayose's next antic to distract the people is to ask PMB for the impossible. When PMB had said that no governor will chose his ministers for him and that he too cannot chose the commissioners for the governors.

Fayose, jokes apart, needs to be prudent.

@kayode ajayi i don't think Fayose is owing up to 3 months ; i may be wrong. Aregbesola of Osun is Owing over 7months . Do you want a list of the others?

Thanks. Let's not go for the reconciliation of numbers of months owed and whether it is salary or pension.

It is lovely that we both agreed that he owed. Be as it may, Fayose is paid to work for the Ekiti and therefore should add values to the lifes of the people.

Thanks. Let's not go for the reconciliation of numbers of months owed and whether it is salary or pension.

It is lovely that we both agreed that he owed. Be as it may, Fayose is paid to work for the Ekiti and therefore should add values to the lifes of the people.
I think @Jules' point is that Fayose is no different from most of the other governors in that regard.

He might be different in others :)

Reading materials for you my friend: http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/thr...ver-unpaid-april-salaries.111313/#post-122198

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/thr...bark-on-indefinite-strike.112099/#post-123183

You're making the salary issue a Fayose thing. The man talks about ministers and you scream 'salaries' .

Interesting! Fayose ought to channel his thoughts and actions towards the things that are productive and beneficial to the Ekiti people.

PMB had said, "no governor will chose ministers for him since he will not chose commissioners for the govs". This is why Fayose goofed.

Back