Politics Former CBN Governor dumps PDP

A

abujagirl

images

Prof. Charles Soludo, former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate in the 2010 governorship election in Anambra Statehas formally resigned his membership of PDP.

Prof. Soludo is now a duly registered member of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA). After his registreation at the APGA office in his Isuofia ward, Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra state, he praised his new party’s sound and progressive ideology on which platform one could offer himself to the service of his people and try to express those ideas that will make for growth and transform Anambra into the “African Dubai-Taiwan” of his dream.

Prof. Soludo had on the 17th of July,2013 tendered his esignation letter addressed to the PDP National Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur.

“I am not joining APGA simply as a vehicle to contest for governorship of Anambra State. I am joining it because I want to breathe it, drink it, and exude it because in totality I agree with the trust and objectives of APGA,” Soludo said in defence of his choice of APGA.

Back