Politics Former Niger Delta Militants, PDP Chieftains Part of President Jonathan's UN Entourage

A

abujagirl

upload_2013-9-25_11-19-34.png

President Goodluck Jonathan traveled to New York for the United Nations General Assembly with one of the largest entourage ever.

According to PREMIUM TIMES, several ex-militant leaders and members of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), joined the train to New York, so much that the party halted its activities since Monday.

An associate of the President who did not want to be named said, “I can tell you everyone I called today are in New York".

“Several ex-militants are also there, although there are claims they paid their way there".

The presidency is yet to comment on the presence of the former militant leaders and PDP Chieftains in New York, although earlier in the week in response to an allegation saying there were 600 Nigerian delegates in New York had said, “We are certainly aware that many Nigerian citizens are currently on visits to New York. These persons are here for their own purposes and neither President Jonathan nor his administration has any responsibility for the presence of these persons in New York,” Mr. Abati said.He said those include Nigerian businessmen for “an African Business Round table event, members of non-governmental organizations and tourists".

This is preposterous. Militants are faring better than most law abiding citizens.
There is fire on the mountain.

This is preposterous. Militants are faring better than most law abiding citizens.
There is fire on the mountain.

Too many asexual, eye rolling males on Nigerian Bulletin; can't wait to meet a real man

Oh, well. An entourage of 600 people? Did I read that right? Sometimes, caution and common-sense should be your guide.

Now, you know you have come under fire recently and your detractors are looking for ways to discredit you. I think the best to be done in such a case is remove the possibility of aspersion on your person. If the people, as you say, are in New York of their own accord, ensure that they are not flocking around you like they are part of your entourage.

Simple.

Back