Politics Gov Dickson Praises President Buhari for Not Interfering in Bayelsa Elections

L

LequteMan

Governor Seriake Dickson after a closed door meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday heaped praises on the president for not interfering in the political processes of the last governorship elections in the state.

“I also want to use this opportunity to appreciate Mr. President for his non-interference in the political processes that played out in Bayelsa in the last general elections," he said minutes after the meeting ended.

“And as you are also aware‎, yesterday the Elections Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja delivered judgment upholding my election and affirming my emergence as a true product of the democratic exercise of rights of our people in the December 5, 2015 and January 9.

“Again, I want to use this opportunity to appreciate‎ Mr President for his non-interference contrary to the propaganda and the name dropping that some politicians back home and even in Abuja embarked upon.

“There was no name they didn’t call, there is no claim that they didn’t make but I’m telling Nigerians, I’m telling Bayelsans to disregard all that propaganda.

“The President never had anything to do by way of negatively influencing of the last general elections in Bayelsa and also the outcome of the Tribunal proceedings.

“That is important because if our nation must move forward, if our democracy must be strengthened, if our nation must move forward, if our democracy must be strengthened, if our nation must be stable, then institutions must be allowed to grow.’’

He also expressed hope that the crisis in the Niger Delta area will end soon.

NAN

Attachments

• seriake d buhari2.jpg
    seriake d buhari2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 7
Back