Politics Green Card Issue: Nigerians Like to Poke-Nose - Wole Soyinka

L

LequteMan

Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has berated Nigerians for condemning him over his threat to destroy his green card.

He said he was puzzled that Nigerians could poke-nosed into his private affairs and the exercise of his rights to freedom of speech.

“I really I am puzzled. I don’t know what the hazzle is all about, if I decide I want to leave the US and in a particular way, that is my business and not the business of the millipedes of internet who claw out at any excuse and lips flying in their trade. I don’t know what the excitation is, why do Nigerians tend to wail louder than the bereaved?

“What is your business? I am addressing those illiterates who feel that they have to make themselves heard and have to express opinion about everything, whether it concerns them or not and resort to vulgar abuse and insult simply because they are scared just because one person is saying I have had enough of the state. I just want to take a walk. This is simply a personal issue,” he said.

Soyinka also said he was considering taking a second exit from the nation, but he did not clarify whether he was leaving the country or not. He simply said “exit takes different form, you can exit internally or externally, it is possible I can exit into the autonomous republic of Egba, but certainly something must give way. There will be some action which I will take or refuse to take because of this incident which really should come to an end, I have had enough of this. There will be very gradual and accelerated exit from the public intervention; from giving the commitments I have made as part of general public service.

Attachments

• wole soyinka.jpg
    wole soyinka.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 15
Back