Metro Hawker Bags 2 Months Prison Term for Threatening to Bomb Bus in Abuja

A

abujagirl

An Abuja Grade 1 Area Court in Kado on Tuesday sentenced a hawker, Abdul Abba, 30, to two months in prison for making a false threat to bomb a bus.

Abba of Garki village, Abuja, was arraigned on a one-count charge of attempt to commit an offence.

The presiding judge, Alhaji Mohammed Sadiq, gave the convict an option of N3,000 fine after he pleaded guilty. Sadiq said the punishment was to make the convict change his lifestyle.

"You should not have threatened anybody with that kind of threat. This is in view of the present security situation. The next time you make such threats, you will be in big trouble,’’ he warned Abba.

Earlier, the prosecutor, Sgt. Simon Ibrahim, told the court that the convict boarded a bus driven by one Mr Emeka Cyril, and following an argument while the bus was in motion, he joked that he would bomb the bus.

During police investigation, Abba confessed to the offence.

Ibrahim said that Cyril, an FCT bus driver, reported the matter at the Utako police station on April 15. The convict pleaded with the court for leniency, saying "I was angry when I made that threat".

"I don’t know how a bomb looks like my Lord. I am sorry".

bomb scare.jpg

Back