Politics How Prof. Osinbajo Saved Me From Toronto University Certificate Scandal - Tinubu

P

PressRoom

Kogi West Nigerian Senator Dino Melaye is not having a good time with Nigerian media over a report that he did not graduate from department of Geography of the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria. But it is not the first time prominent Nigerians are involved in certificate scandals. APC National Leader, Bola Tinubu, was prosecuted by late human rights lawyer, Gani Fawehinmi over certificate forgery during his first tenure as governor between 1999 and 2003, but was 'saved' by the brilliance and firmness of former Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Professor Yemi Osinbajo (the now Vice President).

Tinubu, in 2012, at the launching of a book, “Contemporary issues in Nigerian constitutional law,” a series of essays compiled in honour of Osinbajo, said that but for Osinbajo, his political career would have nosedived.

According to Tinubu: “The capability and firmness of Osinbajo in my time of travail made me to triumph against every plan by my detractors to destroy my image and career.”

upload_2017-3-22_9-46-13.png

Tinubu said that he would have been nailed for the offence he did not commit if Osinbajo was not available to defend him.

“Osinbajo brought his knowledge of constitutional law and stood by me even at the time when some of my commissioners were planning to resign from the cabinet. He indulged my politics and allowed it to flourish in the face of detractors,” he said.

He added that Osinbajo was the best decision he ever made in his political career, describing him as the biggest weapon in his political armoury.

“Osinbajo encouraged me to create 37 Local Council Development Areas with his astounding knowledge of constitutional law. I could challenge the Federal Government because of the capability of the professor of law,” Tinubu said.

Now bola has forgotten,he might be nobody anymore politically if he's been caged then. bola! One good turn deserves another. Eni to ba gba e ni igba erun,o nlati gba oun naa ni igba ojo ni o. Bu funmi ki nmbu fun e.....

Wow this is an eye opener but now Tinubu and his team members doesn't seem happy because Osinbajo declared well such is life.

Ole alanikanje ni Jagaban!!
I wonder wot his looking for again?
He's more powerful Dan most president, he's got money, influence....name it!
Se o fe je'gbakeji Eledumare ni???
Nonsense!!!!!

In the statement he said for the offence he didn't commit and he praised vice president for his proficiency in law profession. Everyone know how the problem came about during the filling of Electoral commission papper by Afikuyomi. It's just like university of Lagos and Lagos state university but some want to make mountain out of it. My grudges is that why the Yorubas will be divided and against themselves instead of supporting themselves against external forcces.

Bola Tinubu, been a selfish man always wants people to be his slave for life. He is drunken with ambition. He would sell Nigeria and pocket it if given the chance to rule. There will be more political thugs, those who will rig election for him will be on increase.

It’s easy to make comments against and in favour of individuals in this matter.Let’s not forget the circumstances that made Tinubu to nominate Osinbajo as president.He sacrifice his ambitions because of religion considerations of to be vice presidential candidate then.Now that the 2 terms have ended anybody would expect Osinbajo to give Tinubu full support to realise his ambitions he jettison for Osinbajo who was the least person in the political class in 2015 for that position of Vice President.Sincerely put yourself without biases into Tinubu’s shoes before you castigate him. Thanks

It’s easy to make comments against and in favour of individuals in this matter.Let’s not forget the circumstances that made Tinubu to nominate Osinbajo as president.He sacrifice his ambitions because of religion considerations of to be vice presidential candidate then.Now that the 2 terms have ended anybody would expect Osinbajo to give Tinubu full support to realise his ambitions he jettison for Osinbajo who was the least person in the political class in 2015 for that position of Vice President.Sincerely put yourself without biases into Tinubu’s shoes before you castigate him. Thanks
Osibajo was just an option for APC to win election being a Christian, because people frown at Muslim/Muslim ticket. Osibajo was just a veritable tool at the moment based on his pedigree. Both should be mature enough not to allowed themselves against each other to disadvantage of the west.

Back