Entertainment Humblesmith : ''I stole and sold my mom’s gold to pay for my first studio session''

A

abujagirl

Fast rising Afro-pop artiste, Ekene Ijemba popularly known as ‘Humblesmith’ in a recent chat with Showtime Celebrity opened up about his family background, childhood, music career, and the music industry.

humblesmith.jpg

Humblesmith said, “I was born and brought up in Ebonyi State. Music started for me when I was a kid, it actually runs in the family. My mother is a good singer; she is a chorister in the church, most times she sang at home, likewise other members of my family. Everything my mom does goes with music, at times, if she wants to talk to you she talks with music. All these and more got me inspired.

On how he survived and started his music, Humblesmith said “I hustled seriously on the streets to survive; it got to a point that I opened a video rental shop in Asaba. I stole and sold my mom’s gold to pay for my first studio session, but I later confessed and apologized to her, promising to buy her more than what I stole in the nearest future”.

Back