Sports I am not fighting Manu Garba over Kelechi Iheanacho - Samson Siasia

National under 23 coach Samson Siasia has debunked reports that he is fighting with Flying Eagles coach Manu Garba over the invitation of Kelechi Iheanacho to his Olympic team.

There have been reports that both coaches have disagreements, particularly over Iheanacho whom both of them want to be the arrow-head of their teams.

Majority of the players Siasia invited to his team, are equally those drawn up Garba for his under-20 programmes.

“Why would I fight with Manu over Kelechi Iheanacho or any other player when both of us can easily use them for the betterment of the nation? There is no basis for a clash of interest as the players in question cannot be active for both teams at the same time,” Siasias said through a media release.

“When Manu Garba is using them for his games, it’s not possible for them to be available for mine. Besides, my plans for these players are basically for the Olympics and as such they will have finished playing the U-20 World Cup before our competition will begin. So there is just no way we could be fighting over them.”

“The experience they will garner while playing at the U-20 World Cup will come in handy when we will be needing their services, so it is to our benefit if they are active with the Flying Eagles.”

sia1.JPG

Back