Sports "I Joined Arsenal To Help Them Win Trophies" Petr Cech

Arsenal goalkeeper, Petr Cech, has insisted that he joined the Gunners to help them win the Premier League title.

petr cech3.jpg

The 33-year old Czech Republican moved to the Emirate stadium to join the current EPL leaders last June after ending his 11-season stay at Chelsea.

Cech broke David James' Premier League record for clean sheets after helping Arsenal return to the EPL summit in his side's 2-0 win over AFC Bournemouth on Monday.

"It was not an easy decision but I always wanted to go to a team which could win," Cech toldThe Mirror.

"If I didn’t believe that I was going to a team which could win then I don't know why I would come.

"I play football, not to only enjoy it and I love the challenge of playing and competing with the best players, but I want to have the chance to win games."

Cech, who won four league titles with Chelsea and is now with an Arsenal side top on goal difference, feels Wenger's men have what it takes to win their first league title since 2003-04.

"I believe this team has the qualities to win games and hopefully we will manage to go all the way in the league," Cech said.

"It's a very difficult and long run but I believe this team has the capabilities of doing it.

“We are in a good position, we are in the mix of the teams who will play to win the title so we want to stay in that position for as long as possible and every time we have a chance to improve our position then we would love to do it." Goal

If he is confident that he will lead the team to achieve great achievements, then that alone is enough for to start off with. There are many players that are proficient in what they play but they lack the confidence to win, which holds them back from great achievements.
https://www.pwengraving.com/

Back