Politics Ize-Iyamu Mocks Obaseki - He Doesn't Even Have a Voice in His Own Campaign

A

abujagirl

The candidate of the Peoples Democracy Party for the Edo State governorship election, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, in an interview with PUNCH Newspaper mocked his opponent, Godwin Obaseki, the candidate of the APC.

Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.jpg

When asked if he felt intimidated by Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu said, ''How can you be intimidated by a man you don’t see? Every time the APC campaigns, the only man who is speaking is Adams Oshiomhole while the governorship candidate, Obaseki, is pushed to the background. So, if the APC candidate is content with hiding under him, no problem. With due respect, even if one wants to be modest, when you want to talk about governance, the best Obaseki can lay claim to is that he was the chairman of a non-existent economic team. I have been Chief of Staff, Secretary to the State Government. The experience I have he cannot come near it.

''The economic team they talked about, have they ever told you who the members are? How many times did they meet? What were the policies they churned out? For a state like Edo, with the level of the economic mess that the state is in, it is shocking that somebody can stand up and say ‘I was in charge of the economic team’. Here is a man who has never voted in Edo. A man who prides himself as being a very strong businessman who wants to govern our state, have you asked him, ‘Sir, where are your business outfits in Edo?’ ‘How many people have you employed in Edo?’ You haven’t done all these things and you said you want to come and take the number one position in Edo. It shows the disdain you have for us.

Back