World Jailed Rapist 'Catches' HIV from Victim

L

LequteMan

Richard THOMAS (1200 x 1600).jpg

27-year-old Richard Thomas who was sentenced to 5 years behind bars on Monday for raping a woman faces an agonizing wait to find out if he has caught HIV from his victim.

Thomas, of Leigh in Greater Manchester, knew the woman and was aware that she has another illness but had not known about the HIV.

Liverpool Crown Court heard he was shocked and collapsed when he was told and asked to be taken to hospital.

He had let himself into her home in the middle of the night and she awoke to find him raping her.

'She froze and no words were exchanged. He pulled up his shorts and left,' said Harry Pepper, prosecuting.

'He was arrested and interviewed and said he had been drinking heavily, taken cocaine and ecstasy and could not recall the incident,' he added.

His defender, Miss Virginia Hayton said that Thomas, who has previous convictions but none for sexual offences, is 'remorseful' and 'cannot understand why he did it and it is

troubling him'.

She said he started drinking heavily when he was eleven and he had been addicted to ecstasy and cocaine at age thirteen.

Judge Mark Brown after sentencing also ordered him to sign the Sex Offenders Register for life.

Thomas pleaded guilty to raping the woman on July 20 this year.

His HIV test result will be out on Friday.

Last edited:
Serves him right.
Bro, he was under the influence of ecstasy. He wasn't himself. Heck, he couldn't even recall the incident.
I'd blame ecstasy and cannabis sir, and all those wild eyed drug barons that provide 'em. :D

Bro, he was under the influence of ecstasy. He wasn't himself. Heck, he couldn't even recall the incident.
I'd blame ecstasy and cannabis sir, and all those wild eyed drug barons that provide 'em. :D
Are you saying he shouldn't be punished for the crimes he committed?

Are you saying he shouldn't be punished for the crimes he committed?
No one should escape the long arms of the law, I agree. He should be punished. Heck, contracting HIV is enough punishment.
But I still don't see it as his fault 100% . If he hadn't been high on ecstasy, I don't think he'd have committed the crime. Drugs like ecstasy n cannabis shouldn't be readily available to civilians, especially kids.

Lol. You guys and your misleading titles. "Jailed Rapist "Catches" HIV from Victim". Here I was thinking his HIV test results had come out already.

LOL. Before we begin raining our vendetta on a poor disillusioned bloke, I think you guys should see this: http://www.womenshealth.gov/hiv-aids/what-is-hiv-aids/myths-about-hiv-aids.cfm

I will even be more generous (I assume some of you are too busy to go check the link yourselves), so I'll bring in an excerpt from that page and put it here:

"It's much harder for men to get HIV from women, but it does happen. HIV does not live long outside the body. A man's penis is only exposed to HIV for the time that it is in a vagina or rectum. Men also may have fewer areas on the penis where the virus can enter the body. "

In other words, the chances of the man up there actually contracting HIV are quite slimmer than his chances of contracting the nasty disease.

Give him time. Fortune may just smile on him and he may only have to face jail time.

Lol. You guys and your misleading titles. "Jailed Rapist "Catches" HIV from Victim". Here I was thinking his HIV test results had come out already.
The test results will be out this Friday. The word 'catches' was in kuotes :D

Give him time. Fortune may just smile on him and he may only have to face jail time.
I have a friend named Fortune who likes smiling up at strangers. :D :D

Back