Politics James Faleke Explodes: What Happened in Kogi APC is a Civilian Coup D'etat

L

LequteMan

Running mate of late Abubakar Audu, James Faleke has termed what happened in the Kogi state chapter of the APC as a coup d'etat.

“For me I see what has happened in the party as a civilian coup d’état. It is a civilian coup d’état because if such a situation happens in the military, those behind it will face the firing squad,” he said in an interview on Channels.

“It was Alhaji Yahaya Bello that worked against the party. He took the party to court before the election, took our late leader, Audu to court before the election and he lost his polling unit to PDP, lost his ward to PDP and lost his local government area to PDP.

“And I made it clear that day (during the meeting) that if 50 per cent of us seated in that hall had lost our polling units, lost our wards and our local governments, there would have been nothing for us to celebrate.”

Faleke said he had requested Oyegun to get the party to sue INEC to declare the results instead of declaring the November 21 election inconclusive, but the chairman declined, saying the party could not be seen to be taking its own government to court.

Attachments

• faleke.jpeg
    faleke.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 15
Back