Politics Labaran Maku Disowns Biafra Zionist Over 'Cabinet Appointment'

P

ProfRem

A former Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, has disowned a pro-Biafra group, the Biafra Zionist federation, which named him as its minister of aviation, following it so-called self-declaration of a ‘republic of Biafra’ on August 1, 2017.

Maku, wstated this in Abuja on Thursday while fielding questions from journalists, stated that he remained a patriotic professional politician who is committed to the unity of Nigeria.

He attributed the calls for division and separation to the failure of leadership and the refusal to give equal opportunities to all Nigerians.

maku.JPG

“Somebody called that I have been appointed a minister of Biafra. How can somebody associate me with a micro in Nigeria? What does that tell you? It means there is confusion and desperation among the youths. You need to bring the youths together and reassure them that they have a future.

“A federation gives equal opportunities to all its children. We have structural and leadership deficiencies. The problem is lack of justice. So, we need truth to heal our nation. Some of these youths are victims of structural deficiency. When I heard the story of secessionist movement, it shows that these youths need counselling,” he added.

When asked if he was named a minister for being the chief scribe of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Maku said, “I don’t know them. I’m national secretary of APGA. I come from Nasarawa State. No party will be registered by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) unless its composition has national character.”

Back