Business Lamido Sanusi's Missing $20bn Claim: Audit Report Indicts NNPC

L

LequteMan

Nigeria- An audit report commissioned to look into allegations that about $20bn was missing from the coffers of the NNPC has indicted the management of the corporation, according to Premium Times. The report also recommended that $1.48bn should be refunded by NPDC, a subsidiary of the NNPC.

The forensic audit conducted by the audit firm of PriceWaterHouseCoopers on behalf of the Federal Government on the operations of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation [NNPC] has indicted the management of the national oil company for various questionable transactions.

Part of the recommendations include that the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company, NPDC, the upstream subsidy of the NNPC should refund about $1.48billion to the Federation Account for various unreconciled transactions.

The forensic audit was commissioned following allegation by the immediate past Governor of the CBN, Lamido Sanusi, that about $20 billion oil money was missing from the NNPC.

click here to read more

#Nigeria #NNPC #NPDC

maduekwe.jpg

Is Jonathan going to throw madam minister under the bus?

I don't think that's possible. Diezanni is backed by powerful persons in high positions.

Buhari, maybe. Jonathan? I don't think so.

Diezanni has been enjoying privileges since 1900.

But this is different. I am sure he does not want to..but put another way, she has thrown herself under a bus. Another key is providing details of other industry players involved.

Back