Entertainment Linda Ikeji - ''Marriage is not an achievement''

A

abujagirl

Nigeria's super blogger Linda Ikeji has aired her views on the pressure women face to settle down before 30.

linda ikeji3.PNG

Speaking with Genevieve Magazine, Linda Ikeji said, ''Marriage is not an achievement. There is so much more to life than being someone’s wife. Get married please, but don’t be pressured into it.

''I don’t know how many of you single girls are under pressure to get married but I am. Pressure from family, friends and people who just can’t mind their business. The pressure is so intense right now I feel like going to husband market – if there is any such thing- to buy myself some breathing space. Give me a break you people.''

True but not in total agreement - success/accomplishment/achievement comes into play when the couple are able to weather through financial woes, illness, having kids, and the general stresses of everyday life. Staying together in an era were over 50% of marraiges end in divorce is certainly an achievement. It isnt easy biko so those couples that last 20years and above should be celebrated

True but not in total agreement - success/accomplishment/achievement comes into play when the couple are able to weather through financial woes, illness, having kids, and the general stresses of everyday life. Staying together in an era were over 50% of marraiges end in divorce is certainly an achievement. It isnt easy biko so those couples that last 20years and above should be celebrated

Our society treats marriage as something very important and necessary hence the pressure to get married abound.

I agree, it's easier nowadays to get married than to stay married so old couples should be lauded. It takes a lot of things to keep a marriage going.

Back