Metro Linda Ikeji Refuses to Join NGO in Raising Money for Honest Airport Cleaner

Vunderkind

Social Member
Remember Josephine Agwu, the honest airport cleaner who found money in one of the toilets at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport? Well - she's back on the news again, thanks to Aunty Linda Ikeji.

As Linda's tale goes, she received an odious email from an NGO after she rejected their initial request for partnership in raising funds for Josephine.

They had opened a gofundme account for the woman and wanted Linda Ikeji to publicize the page so that people would donate to the woman.

Linda Ikeji said no. It must have hurt the NGO deeply, hence the odiousness of the follow-up email as we established earlier.

Anyway, Linda Ikeji has rushed to her blog to do what she knows best - gossip - and here she lays the 'juice'on us:

"I have used this platform to raise money for a lot of people," she said. "I have also personally contributed my own money to some of these people and to a few causes, so I'm really big on helping people and giving back but I have a problem with trying to raise money for someone just because they were honest."

Evidently her problem with the NGO is that they were raising money for someone doing something which, she believes, is only right (and maybe logical) to do.

"Are we not supposed to be honest?" she asked.

"Don't get me wrong. If I see Josephine today face to face, I'd definitely give her money and a hug...but that's from me personally. Now, asking my readers to give her money when she's not sick and when she's gainfully employed and even had her salary increased recently, that one is a different matter. What was I supposed to tell you guys? Please dash money to this lady for returning money that doesn't belong to her?"

Linda says that raising money for Josephine is 'overkill' as her actions have been 'recognized and appreciated' and she has also been well-rewarded by people and groups. She's been prayed for, too. A bountiful harvest indeed.

"Are we not supposed to return lost items we found? If you keep it, does that not make you a thief? If she'd taken the money and was later caught, would she not have been called a thief? Would she not have been sacked? If it was in public with uncivilized people, would she not have been lynched? Is returning lost property not the right thing to do? So why are some people glorifying this behavior so much like she did something unbelievably unheard of?"

(She probably dragged the podium a little closer as she closed off her sermon at this point with the following words) "Has our society lost its morals so much that returning money that doesn't belong to you is now something that deserves to get you a gofundme page?"

Then she sighed. Literally. She did write "*sigh*"

linda ikeji.jpg

Remember Josephine Agwu, the honest airport cleaner who found money in one of the toilets at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport? Well - she's back on the news again, thanks to Aunty Linda Ikeji.

As Linda's tale goes, she received an odious email from an NGO after she rejected their initial request for partnership in raising funds for Josephine.

They had opened a gofundme account for the woman and wanted Linda Ikeji to publicize the page so that people would donate to the woman.

Linda Ikeji said no. It must have hurt the NGO deeply, hence the odiousness of the follow-up email as we established earlier.

Anyway, Linda Ikeji has rushed to her blog to do what she knows best - gossip - and here she lays the 'juice'on us:

"I have used this platform to raise money for a lot of people," she said. "I have also personally contributed my own money to some of these people and to a few causes, so I'm really big on helping people and giving back but I have a problem with trying to raise money for someone just because they were honest."

Evidently her problem with the NGO is that they were raising money for someone doing something which, she believes, is only right (and maybe logical) to do.

"Don't get me wrong. If I see Josephine today face to face, I'd definitely give her money and a hug...but that's from me personally. Now, asking my readers to give her money when she's not sick and when she's gainfully employed and even had her salary increased recently, that one is a different matter. What was I supposed to tell you guys? Please dash money to this lady for returning money that doesn't belong to her?"

Linda says that raising money for Josephine is 'overkill' as her actions have been 'recognized and appreciated' and she has also been well-rewarded by people and groups. She's been prayed for, too. A bountiful harvest indeed.

"Are we not supposed to return lost items we found? If you keep it, does that not make you a thief? If she'd taken the money and was later caught, would she not have been called a thief? Would she not have been sacked? If it was in public with uncivilized people, would she not have been lynched? Is returning lost property not the right thing to do? So why are some people glorifying this behavior so much like she did something unbelievably unheard of?"

(She probably dragged the podium a little closer as she closed off her sermon at this point with the following words) "Has our society lost its morals so much that returning money that doesn't belong to you is now something that deserves to get you a gofundme page?"

View attachment 46899

View attachment 46899

WELL LINDA IS RIGHT TO SOME EXTENT BUT I DONT SEE ANYTHING BAD IN SPREADING JUST A MESSAGE GUESS THATS WHAT SHE AND HER BLOG STANDS FOR AND WHAT SHE STANDS FOR AFTERALL ITS A MATTER OF CHOICE TO WHO EVER THAT WANT TO DONATE MONEY TO THIS KIND LADY.PLZ AUNTY LINDA SPREAD THE NEWS COS THATS WHAT MADE YOU WHAT YOU ARE TODAY?

A bit of a high horse moment by Linda. Gosh looking down from above distorts your view :) But pretty simple statement.

Things are hard and it in this climate that is the exception not the norm. It is a way of encouraging people especially when the politicians are taking everything we have and doing takeover ads online :)

Back