Sports Manchester City: I Pity Kelechi Iheanacho - Pep Guardiola

L

LequteMan

Manchester City Boss Pep Guardiola has stated that he feels pity for Nigeria's Kelechi Iheanacho for his lack of playing time since the arrival of Gabriel Jesus.

"Kelechi now isn't playing for the last games. It's a pity for him because he's another guy - all the African guys I train in my life always they are amazing how they are like professionals in the training sessions," Guardiola said according to ESPN.

"But I like normally one striker, not two. Of course, when Sergio [Aguero] was injured, players play the game. But then Gabriel came and Sergio didn't play, so the space is what it is. But it is going to happen this situation with Gabriel so Sergio can't play all the games and, of course, he [Iheanacho] is going to help us.

"I know his quality. I know, of course, he's young and has a lot of things to improve especially in winning duels and be strong in some positions.

"But he's a guy who, in the boxes, is really good. He likes to come a little bit out of the box to play, but arriving at the right tempo and attacking the first post is amazing. So, as a guy, he doesn't need many, many chances to score a goal."

Iheanacho has six goals in 20 games in all competitions this season and could possibly feature in tonight's FA Cup Fifth round replay against Huddersfield.

Attachments

• kelechi iheanacho.jpg
    kelechi iheanacho.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 19
Back