Sports Messi Is A Demigod- Moto Gp Jorge Lorenzo

Five-time MotoGP world champion, Jorge Lorenzo has rated Argentine's Lionel Messi as a better player to Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo, adding that "Messi is a demigod."

Jorge Lorenzo.jpg
"I don’t play much during the season because I’m worried about picking up a knee injury. My trainer has sort of banned me from playing, but if we’ve got a long break in between races then we’ll have the odd weekend game with the team."

"(Laughs) I try to hold my own, but it’s not easy because I don’t get to play very often. Sometimes I like to play in defence and others I like to get forward and score goals. It depends on how the team’s looking. I end up taking these matches almost as seriously as the races because I’m very competitive and I want to win, even if it’s just a game."

"Even more so! I get more angry when I lose a match than I do when I lose a race. I have to say, though, that we try to make sure no one gets injured when we play, starting with me. I play in more kickabouts than anyone."

"I haven’t seen a lot of games, but I think it’s been pretty even this year between Cristiano [Ronaldo] and [Lionel] Messi. It’s hard to choose between them. Messi is all natural talent and he's been taking things very seriously lately, as you can see in his physique and the diet he’s following. He could ease off if he wanted to and not train as much, but he wants to carry on being the best. He’s a great example. For a culé like me, Messi is a demigod because he’s given us so much. So I'm going to stick with him, though I also admire how much work and commitment Cristiano puts into getting better every day. He’s spent years looking after himself. You have to admire their ambition. They’re very similar."

"That’s hard to say because they each have their own character. I’d say I’ve got things in common with the two of them, with Messi and Cristiano."

"The World Cup is a must-see event for any football fan and I've watched all the most recent ones. The first one I remember is France 98. I can recall Brazil’s win in 2002 and Italy’s in 2006, and watching Spain win in 2010 was a very intense experience. I watched the Final at home with friends. At the last World Cup we had a race on the day of the Final. We were heading to the airport and we stopped at a restaurant to watch Germany take on Argentina."

"We’ve got a lot of culés in the team and they keep me posted on what’s happening, especially my chief mechanic Ramon Forcada. Then there's the social media, and if they do put a game on the TV at the circuit, then I’ll usually watch it in the hospitality suites."

"It’s difficult to maintain your intensity when you've won the lot, but Luis Enrique is the right man to keep them motivated. He was very ambitious as a player and he had a lot of grit and determination. The [Pep] Guardiola era was pretty much a one-off, but Luis Enrique saw that teams had got wise to Barça’s tiki-taka and combined their short passing game with a more counter-attacking style. They deserve a lot of praise for what they’ve done." Fifa

Back